Thanks to the generosity of Ozark Regional Transit's friends and colleagues around Northwest Arkansas, the state of Arkansas, and the country, ORT is on the road to recovery much faster than expected. The outpouring of support has been incredible, and we have an immense amount of gratitude to give to the organizations that reached out in our time of need.
Our passengers are top priority. This assistance we have received has been an incredible help in limiting the interruption to our rider's lives. Not only does ORT thank you, but our riders do too.
ORT wants to give thanks to its outstanding Board of Directors, their continued support and backing has been incomparable.
ORT wants to personally recognize Ann Gilbert and Jim Gilbert of Arkansas Transit Association, Kristen Joyner of South West Transit Association, and Scott Bogren from Community Transportation Association of America. These individuals went above and beyond to spread the word of ORT's devastation, and we cannot thank them enough.
Our amazing colleagues at the University of Arkansas and Razorback Transit have donated two Gillig Phantoms to help rebuild the new ORT fleet! "Ozark Regional Transit is so very appreciative of the University and of Razorback Transit for this gift. Words cannot express our thankfulness. This will prove to be the first, critical steps in restoring a permanent fleet and we couldn't be happier" remarked Joel Gardner, Executive Director of ORT.
Razorback Transit was kind enough to replace their name and logo with Ozark Regional Transit's name prior to delivering the two buses. However, at ORT's request, the standard, broad, red stripe of Razorback Transit were left. "We want Northwest Arkansas to have a constant reminder of where these buses came from and we want to physically express, in some small way, our ongoing gratitude to Razorback for these gifts." said Gardner. "We look forward to continually working with Razorback to bring viable public transportation to Northwest Arkansas."
U of A Razorback Transit also operated ORT Routes 1 & 2 on 01/13/17 and 01/16/17. This was such a help considering they are two of ORT's busiest routes.
Thank you Adam Waddel, Barry Schiller, and the Razorback Transit staff for your assistance! We love working with you!
RTEC donated a 16 passenger bus to help rebuild our new fleet. They drove 11 hours through the night to deliver the vehicle on 01/13/17. This is the first permanent addition to the new ORT fleet.
A huge THANK YOU to Shirley Cummins, James Phillips, and the RTEC team for making this happen!
Help is never too far away. We cannot express our thanks enough for the donation of THREE buses from Key West Transit in Key West, Florida! Thank you to Norman Whitaker, Shane Harmon, and the Key West Transit team for this amazing gift. We also would like to thank JB Hunt Transport Services for transporting these vehicles from Key West, Florida to Springdale, Arkansas!
Wichita Transit loaned ORT EIGHT buses without hesitation. They arrived 01/13/17 evening, despite the inclement weather conditions. Because of Wichita Transit's generosity, ORT is on its way back to full service.
Thank you Steve Spade and the Wichita Transit team!
Southeast Arkansas Transit in Pine Bluff Arkansas loaned ORT two great buses that are already on route in Northwest Arkansas. Thank you Tony Barr and the team at SEAT!
Fort Smith Transit had a vehicle headed our way as soon as they heard the news. We're in service because of organizations like this. Thank you to Ken Savage for your support!
Open Avenues sent a bus to ORT's aid without delay. Thank you Brenda Neal and Open Avenues for caring about Northwest Arkansas's public transit!
Gateway Church in Greenland Arkansas graciously extended their only bus to assist the ORT fleet. Thanks to Tony and Tami Quinn for their generosity!
Thank you to The Bus CU Transit Services of Springfield Missouri for sending us THREE great buses on Friday 01/20/17! Your assistance is greatly appreciated. A big thank you to Kelly Turner and the team at Springfield City Utilities for making this happen!
Thank you to Butch McDuffie and the Athens Transit team for sending ORT two fantastic Orion buses! We also would like to thank JB Hunt Transport Services for transporting these vehicles from Athens, Georgia to Springdale, Arkansas!
Thank you to the organizations below that offered vehicles out of their own fleets without hesitation. Their kindness demonstrates what a great community we have in the transit industry:
- JB Hunt - Transportation for vehicles coming from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Dallas Texas - Mike Hubble
- Birmingham Jefferson County Transit Authority, Birmingham Alabama - Ron Sweeny
- Athens Transit, Athens Georgia - Butch McDuffie
- Eureka Springs Transit, Eureka Springs Arkansas - Ken "Smitty" Smith
- SporTran, Shreveport Louisiana - Deniero Washington
- Tulsa Transit, Tulsa Oklahoma - Debbie Ruggles
- Creative Bus Sales, Irving Texas - Brent Roy
- Black River Area Development Corporation, Pocahontas, Arkansas - Kim Junkersfeld
- Community Action Program for Central Arkansas, Conway Arkansas - Jennifer Welter
- Fort Worth Transportation Authority, Fort Worth Texas - Shawn M Donaghy
- National Express, Montebello California - Reno Navarette
- Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department, Little Rock Arkansas - Charles A Brewer
- MV Transportation, Dallas Texas - Kevin A Klika
- Prairie Hills Transit, Spearfish South Dakota - Barb Cline
- Piatt County Illinois - Eileen Sierra Brown
- Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority, Flagstaff Arizona - Jeff Meilbeck
- Pelivan Transit, Big Cabin Oklahoma - Kendra McGeady
- Advance Transit, Wilder Vermont - Van Chesnut
- Capital Metro, Austin Texas - Dottie Watkins
- SWCAP LIFT, Dodgeville Wisconsin - Ashley Nedeau-Owen
- River Cities Public Transit, Pierre South Dakota - Ron Baumgart
- Area Agency on Aging in Western Arkansas, Fort Smith Arkansas - Dina Newman
- Rock Region Metro, Little Rock Arkansas - Jarod Varner
- Manchester Transit Authority, Manchester New Hampshire - Mike Whitten
- Green Mountain Transit, Burlington Vermont - Karen Walton
- Topeka Metro, Topeka Kansas - Susan K Duffy
- Port Authority of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - Don Rivetti
- Nova Bus - John J Manzi
- Dynasty Taxi, Springdale Arkansas - Tim Reynolds
- Gateway Church/TNT Transportation, Greenland Arkansas- Tony and Tami Quinn
- EZ Ride, Wood-Ridge New Jersey - Avnish Gupta
- Summit Truck Group, Conway Arkansas - Rusty Ryff
ORT would like to extend a warm thank you to these businesses and organizations that reached out during this difficult time:
- Fire and Rescue Station #5, Springdale Arkansas
- Thomas N Kieklak of Harrington Miller Law Firm
- Bumper to Bumper, Sprindale Arkansas - Steve DeLancey
- Office of Congressman Steve Womack, Rogers Arkansas - Kyle Weaver
- Preferred Technology Group, Fayetteville Arkansas - Judy Griffin
- Truity Credit Union, Springdale Arkansas - Kirby Jett Harris & Greg Wilhelm
- Springdale Arkansas Chamber of Commerce - Jim Reed
- Goodwill, Springdale Arkansas - Sandy Stout
- Bank of Arkansas, Fayetteville Arkansas - Margaret Langford
- Brookings Area Transit Authority, Brookings South Dakota - Brenda Schweitzer
- Cave City Nursing Home, Cave City Arkansas - Dave Jarvis
- Greeley-Evans Transit, Greeley Colorado - Will Jones
- LeFleur Transportation, Ridgeland Mississippi - Tami Justice
- M-1 Rail Streetcar, Detroit Michigan - Keith Jones
- Central States Bus Sales, Fenton Missouri - Jim Walkenback
- Senator Alan Clark of Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Cisneros Center for New Americans, Springdale Arkansas - Emily Hackerson
- Black Hills Energy - Leonard Tidyman
- Frost Oil Company - Dwight Mitchell
- Health Resources - David Bryant
- Dynasty Transportation - Bryce Curry
- UAMS Northwest Fayetteville Arkansas - Zessna Garcia Ross
- Pinnacle Car Service, Inc.
- Three Sisters Vending
- Clinard Contruction, Bentonville Arkansas - J Mark Clinard
- Baldwin & Shell, Rogers Arkansas - Tori Pohlner