All ORT buses are equipped with bike racks and are currently carrying over 22 bicycle passengers daily.
How to use the bike rack:
- Remove loose items from the bike.
- If the bike rack is empty, squeeze handle to release latch and fold down the rack. The rack weighs less than 30 pounds and is easy to raise and lower.
- Only load your bike from the curb side or in front of the bus.
- Lift your bike into the available wheel slot - if yours is the only bike, please use slot farthest from the bus.
- Raise and secure the support arm over the front tire of your bike.
- Note that the support arm must be positioned to the hook rests on the highest point on the tire.
- If you wish, secure your bike with your personal bike lock.
- Board the bus and pay your fare. (There is no additional charge for a bicycle)
- Inform the driver you will be unloading your bike when you signal for your stop.
- Lower the support arm, lift your bike out of the bike rack toward the curb.
- Fold up the rack if empty and step away from the bus with bike.