Ozark Regional Transit, in collaboration with the Walton Family Foundation, is conducting a study to assess the potential of operating a higher level of bus service along U.S. Business 71 or I-49 between Fayetteville and Bentonville. This new bus service termed Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) may have the following features:
- Priority treatment at traffic signals to speed up travel time
- Special boarding platforms for rapid boarding
- A connecting bus with no wait, to your final destination
A pilot project to operate a "higher level bus service" is being considered. As a part of the planning process, the Project Team is conducting an employee survey. The purpose of the survey is two-fold:
- To assess the attitudes of the employees to determine if there is an interest for a higher level of bus service along the U.S. Business 71 or I-49 between Fayetteville and Bentonville
- Identify service levels and amenities that would encourage you to ride.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE FUTURE OF PUBLIC TRANSIT IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS, PLEASE TAKE A FEW MOMENTS AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY BY SEPTEMBER 13, 2017.