How do I schedule a ride?
If you need to schedule an ADA Complementary ride call ORT's Call Center: (479)756-5901 or (800)865-5901 and select ext. 3 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Messages left on the ADA phone line between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on Sundays and holidays that ORT is closed will be honored. you can also request a ride online HERE.
If you do not live within a Fixed Route area and need to schedule a ride call ORT's Call Center: (479)756-5901 or (800)856-5901 and select ext. 2 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. Rides are available on a first come first served basis for non-ADA riders. All trip requests must be made no less that one (1) day and no more that (7) days in advance. Holiday service scheduels are posted in all buses and on ORT's website: www.ozark.org.
What information do I need to provide?
When calling the Call Center be prepared to tell the Customer Service Representative (CSR) the following information.
- Your name and phone number
- The trip date
- Your desired pickup, work, or appointment time
- The physical addresses of pick-up and all destinations, and business names
- Approximate length of time you want to be at each destination
- If a person care attendant (PCA), guest or children will travel with you
- If you will be using a mobility device
ORT Paratransit Service can offer travel times from one (1) hour before to one (1) hour after the requested travel times under the ADA service criteria.
Travel time on Pratransit is comparable to the amount of time it would take to make the same trip using ORT fixed-route bus service with transfer connections. The average trip length is about ninety (90) minutes and may exceed or fall below that average depending on the circumstances.
Can I schedule rides on the same day or make changes?
Same day add-ons, schedule changes, or alterations are allowed only when feasible. A passenger must call into the Dispatch Office to request approval to change a scheduled destination and do so within the same guidelines given for canceling a trip.
- Trip changes must be made at least two hours prior to the original scheduled pickup time or the trip is classified as a No Show
- Add-on must also be scheduled at least two hours in advance
- Drivers are not permitted to change a passenger's destination without prior approval from Dispatch
To canel a ride or make changes on the same day, please contact our Dispatch Office as soon as possible at (479)756-5901 ext. 1. Our Dispatch Office hours are Monday - Friday 5:00 am - 7:00 pm.
ONLINE RIDE REQUEST FORM